The financial services sector in Canada is highly competitive and is characterized by the commoditization of basic products and services.
Key CSR issues include:
- Access to banking products
- Brand positioning and communication
- Employee engagement
- Environmental policies and footprint
- Ethical sales and marketing
- Green products and services
- Privacy of client information
- Responsible investment
- Social and environmental risk
- Strategic community investment
How CBSR Can Help
Canadian financial institutions generally have well-developed corporate responsibility strategies and policies with accountability at the board level. CBSR helps member companies to ensure that strategy and programs anticipate, identify and respond to changing stakeholder concerns.
In many cases, this work focuses on strategy review, development of new programs and increasing stakeholder engagement. CBSR also advises financial services companies on specific issues, including corporate responsibility reporting, social/environmental risk assessment and climate change.
To learn more about Advisory Services contact:
Steven Fish, Business Development Manager
T. 416.703.7435 ext. 225